April 15, 2010

Don't text and drive....

You also shouldn't text when you are sitting in traffic not moving. I learned that lesson the hard way today. I was sitting in traffic today on my way to work, and heard a concert anouncement on the radio for a band that I love. Since I was at a dead stand still I decided to send Brett a quick text to tell him how excited I was.

"Aaaahhh! 3oh!3 is coming in concert!"

That was all I said. Some idiot apparently saw me sending the aforementioned text message, while I was sitting in traffic not moving, and decided it was necessary to call the police to inform them that I was texting and driving. About ten minutes later I saw red and blue lights flashing in my rear view mirror.

I don't know how much the ticket is going to cost yet, but I can guarantee you that we won't be at that concert when it comes around.

People are assholes.

6 comments:

  1. That sucks! If you're not moving, it shouldn't be a big deal. What an a-hole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousApril 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM

    Did they civilian pull up behind the cop and sign the ticket. I don't believe they can write you a ticket if the witness didn't show up with the cop. That's what a cop told me and shane once on a eratic driving call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it was just the cop. He told me that because the other person had called dispatch and given them my license plate number they could write me a ticket. It's stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just go to court and say you weren't texting. You were trying to find a song to play on your iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. None Ohter Than Mr. AnonymousApril 16, 2010 at 3:06 PM

    That's bullshit, you would have to call dispatch to report anything. The cop didn't witness it. Fight that bitch, Fawk that I wouldn't pay that shit. Tell them you were dialing your phone, talking on the phone isn't illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are the two reasons that I am not going to fight it:

    1-I would have to take a day off of work to go to court, and I really can't afford to do that. No matter how pissed I am.

    2-I admitted to the cop that I was texting when he asked me about it. I told him that I was stopped, but he said that since someone had called dispatch he had to give me a ticket.

    I agree with you guys that it's not right, but the ticket is already going to cost me enough. I can't risk still having to pay the ticket after taking the day off and losing that money too.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....