September 27, 2010

My Way of Coping

August 13th was my mom's birthday. In the months approaching it, I was dreading each day that brought it closer. I am not coping well with her loss, and every time I think about her I want to cry. I just miss her so much.

I was trying to come up with a way to honor and remember her on her birthday, and I started brainstorming a few months ago. I wanted it to be something significant. Something that would make a lasting impression on my life, and help me keep her memory alive in my soul. My sister and I had been talking about getting memorial tattoos in her honor, but didn't really know what we wanted or when we wanted to do it. I picked up the phone one day and called my sister. "Let's do our tattoo's on mom's birthday!" That's all it took. She was in.

I had started looking at designs and finally decided what I wanted to do and found the artist that I wanted to go to, so Brett set the appointment. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! My sister did the same general design, but hers is in a different location and has color instead of just black and grey. I choose to merge two Celtic symbols that I loved because their meaning was perfect for what I was trying to represent. One is the Celtic symbol for motherhood and the female power, and the other is the Celtic symbol for the transitions through life and death. I think it's perfect! What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Im not huge on tatoos but, this one is definitly my exception! I think its a beautiful design/symbol. The meaning behind the symbols are beautiful and the fact that you did it for your mama is even more beautiful. I hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylyn!! I'm so glad you're back! Are you back? Please be back. And bring Shay with you!!

    Your tatto is GORGEOUS!! LOVE IT!

    P.S. It's almost Halloween. It won't be the same without you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psonya!! I am so glad to be back. Yes, I am back and in full force. I'm going to do my best to bring Shay with me. Since Halloween is right around the corner I have a feeling that there will be a lot to post about in the coming months.

    My intention was never to be gone for as long as I was. Sometimes life just takes over and there is no time to sit down and blog. I do have some interesting things to update everyone on though. :)

    So glad that you still love me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousSeptember 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM

    YOU CRAZY KIDS AND YOUR CRAZY TATTOOS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousSeptember 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM

    By the way Shay will no longer be joining you in the blogger world. I put my foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh come on Chaz, you know that Shay won't listen to you. She is the one who wears the pants in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaylyn, that tattoo is awesome! The meaning is great and merging the two designs looks beautiful! I hope you are doing okay, and I too am glad you are back to blogging. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Beautiful! Wishing you happiness and love!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....