August 27, 2011

Losing My Faith in Humanity

Betrayal is hurtful, but it hurts the most when it comes from someone that you genuinely believed that you could trust. It stings like salt in an open wound.

She has been there for me most of my life, and her age surpasses mine by more than a decade. I thought that she was smart, but it turns out I was very wrong. How could she do something so vicious, and not even stop to consider the impact that it would have on everyone else involved. It wasn't only herself that she was fucking over. There were two more of us, waiting to learn what she had done. Her own siblings.  The people that have been there, by her side for a lifetime, trying to help make sense of all the bullshit right along with her. People who genuinely loved her.

It makes it worse that she didn't have the balls, still doesn't, to call and tell me what she did herself. She can't even bring herself to utter the words. I had to find out through a random phone call from a stranger.  Someone that I had never spoken to before in my life, and he laid it on me like a ton of bricks. My inheritance was gone with one careless act from the bitch that I used to call my sister. Too selfish to let on to the fact that she was drowning financially. Too proud to ask for help. Too cowardly to tell the truth after all was said and done. We trusted her, and took her word for it far longer than we ever should have. Turns out she was nothing more than just a thief and a liar. Words that she had used to describe the common enemy that we shared in my mother's husband. A man we all hated, her more than the rest of us, yet here we are and those words fit her like a glove. Liar. Thief. Coward.

She packed up and moved away, not leaving a trace of evidence as to where she has gone. Her phone number has changed, and she is no longer responding to emails. It is as if she has vanished. I almost wish she really would.

If I had the chance to speak to her, just one more time. I would ask her why she did it, and beg her to give me some sort of justification. Even though I know there is none. I want to know what the fuck she was thinking when she signed the paperwork that sealed our fate without even having the decency to let us know what was coming. I thought that's what family was all about. Communication, and for god's sake, honesty. I guess that, up until this point anyway, I have suffered from an altered perception of what reality is. A place that you could trust people, a place that apparently doesn't exist.

I am done exhausting effort to try and get a hold of her, and I am accepting the fact that she and I will never speak again. I will never know why she did it. I will be left to continue assuming. I will be left to live with the fact that my own sister fucked me over worse than any stranger ever could.

I am erasing her from my life.

7 comments:

  1. This is the true meaning of incest, being fucked by a family member.

    There ya go my friend, I'll put it out there for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks buddy! Good to know that you've got my back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. NUTMA is right...and this is just the absolute WORST when your family - your own kin - fuggs you over worse than they would do a stranger. I've experienced it in my life and found the only reason they do it to FAMILY vs strangers is because they think they can get away with it.

    Be well. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TravelDiva - Thanks for the kind words. I think you are right about her doing it because she thought she could get away with it. I have confidence though that she will get what is coming to her.

    Karma is a bitch I wouldn't want to mess with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about this Kaylyn. I'm sure it's nothing to the scale that you've just experienced, but I have been going through something a little similar... but this was my niece - who I've been helping with some work, as she's been unable to find any. Have discovered that over seven thousand dollars in cash, jewelry and miscellaneous personal items are missing.... taken by the little addict. The sense of betrayal is indescribable, and probably only understood by someone else who has experienced it.

    I hope that some day you can find peace about this horrible act your sister has committed at your expense. So, so sorry....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lost my faith in humanity as well. Everyday I go to this website, I will not name names. I like to read it for a break from my grinding job. I used to be able to see a few new things on this site every week. It was nice to read new shit, but as of late, this website who I will not mention has not posted a damn thing. I mean come on people, keep the interweb interesting for us hard at work folks who just need a quick 2 minute break from the daily grind.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....