July 15, 2009

It's the little things that mean the most

One of the things that has comforted me everyday since I lost my mom is being able to call her phone, and listen to her voice on her voicemail greeting. Every time I call, right before it picks up, I have this fear that her husband has shut it off, and it will be gone. I don't know how long he is planning on keeping it as an active number. For all I know, he could turn it off tomorrow.

Yesterday I found a company called CBW Productions that specializes in recording voicemails, and voicemail greetings. I paid ten dollars, and today I received an email with an mp3 recording of my mom's voicemail greeting. I couldn't be happier with their prompt service. All they need is the phone number of the greeting that you want to record, and they take car of the rest.

I am so glad that there is a company out there who thought to offer this service to people. It is brilliant! I don't think that something as easy as remembering how her voice sounds will be something that I might forget, but now I will never have to find out.

4 comments:

  1. You just made me cry. What an incredible gift that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a voice recording but I have a ton of great memories in my head that I think of everyday so that I don't ever forget all the good times. Take care Grandpa we will go Jeeping again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a neat idea!! I'm so glad you found something like that to help you and that you can keep forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you, really. That is the the coolest thing I have ever heard of. Enjoy your mamas voice forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....