March 5, 2009

The first two miles

I have officially started my Marathon training. That's right, as of Sunday I can now be considered a runner. I'm a slow runner, but hey, at least I am trying. Right? Right!

It's nice to have Brett to run with. I just hope that it doesn't annoy the hell out of him that he has to run at a turtles pace. Even though we don't talk a lot while we run {it's really hard to talk when you can't even breath, but we get a few words in here and there} it somehow makes it a lot easier to run with him by my side. We are starting out with short distances. Sunday we did a mile. Sunday I thought I might die. I kept thinking "what in the hell am I doing? I can't run twenty six miles!". We got done running and every muscle in my body was aching. Did I mention that it has been about a year and a half since the last time I ran? Then on Monday when my muscles were still aching I wondered to myself how I was going to be able to run another mile the next day. So when Tuesday rolled around and I could barely walk, I started to get really worried that I wouldn't make it through my next mile. I was afraid that I would fail at reaching my goal.

Tuesday night I got my running shoes on, stretched, put my headphones in, and gave Brett the 'I'm ready' nod. Our feet hit the pavement, and we were off. Surprisingly, my muscles didn't ache anymore. I had a much easier time breathing than I had the first time, and I felt like I was moving faster, too. About halfway through my second run is when I realized it.

I can totally do this!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! Can you send some of your motivation my way! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Kaylyn!! And I laughed my butt off at the youtube clip of the sleepwalking dog!! Hilarious! It made my day! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot-Woot! Your well on your way! Nice work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can TOTALLY do it!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....