December 6, 2010

Monday Randoms

I cannot believe that that Christmas is already just a few weeks away.  It seems like we just got done with Halloween, doesn't it??

One of my favorite things to do around Christmas is wander around a book store.  I could spend hours upon hours just browsing at the books imagining what they all contain. Someday I will have my own library full of books from floor to ceiling. Currently I am reading The Hunger Games, next up on my list is Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi.  What's a good book that you've read lately?

I am getting ready for a cookie exchange next week and Brett built me a beautiful display for my cookies.  I kind of feel like I'm taking part in a mini Food Network Challenge.  {minus the $10,000 grand prize} Who cares if we went a little overboard.  Go big or go home, right?  I need to make a better effort to learn how to cook more.  Cook books might help with that, I just have to learn how to follow a recipe first. 

I just bought a copy of Beauty and the Beast on DVD.  It's my all time favorite movie, and I try to buy the Disney movies when they are out of the vault, but lately this is the only one that I have really made the effort to snag. 

We played a really funny board game at Thanksgiving called Know it or Blow it.  I tried to text my sister in law afterward to ask her where she got it, but she didn't respond.  Looks like I'll have to investigate.  I enjoy board games. 

We went to Brett's company Christmas party last night and there was a hypnotist hired for the entertainment.  We were both laughing so hard that we had headaches by the end of the show.  It was fucking hilarious. 

My house is a mess.

I need to get crackin' on my Christmas cards.  I haven't even started them yet.

I am making an effort to try and convince Brett to get me a Guinea Pig.  He's not convinced that it will be a good idea, but I keep telling him that it will be okay.  I don't think he's gonna give in. 

The weekend didn't last long enough and I don't get along well with Monday's.  Why can't we all just have three day weekends?  It would make life so much easier. 

This year for Christmas I decided to take off the three days before our vacation at work actually starts, so I'll only have to use three PTO days, but I will get to spend nine, did you hear me? NINE days with my husband.  We aren't going anywhere.  Just hanging out at home.  Okay, we'll probably go visit the Schlange's

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....