December 26, 2010

Spreading Christmas Cheer

My friend Pserendipity hosted her annual secret Santa blog gift exchange again this year and I had the honor of participating.  I, along with 17 other bloggers, were charged with choosing and mailing a gift to the person that we were assigned by choosing random numbers.  I didn't really know what to expect at first, and I was worried.  I don't know anyone that was participating in the exchange other than Psonya so how would I know what to buy my recipient?  Would she like what I sent her? Would the person who was picked to be my secret Santa send me something that I would like?

Everything turned out great in the end.  My recipient blogged about what I sent her and seemed really happy with it.  Phew.   A lot of thought went into what I sent her, so I was relieved that she liked it.  Then, a few days after I sent my package off in the mail, mine showed up.

Here's what was inside:


She obviously did her research, the first item I pulled out of the package was a Martini glass.  Perfect gift for someone who is a lush, and let's be honest, I love me a stiff drink.  

Then onto the next gift, a cookbook.  It's not just any cookbook though.  It's a cookbook that was given to her by her Grandmother when she got married over twenty years ago.  Complete with a handwritten personalization on the inside cover that she altered to say our names instead of hers.  That makes it so much more than just a cookbook. 

Then there was the luggage tag with the initial to my last name on it that acted as my clue to try and help me guess who my secret Santa might be.  

TravelDiva; I want to thank you for the amazing amount of thought that went into the gift you sent me.  I am so lucky that you were my secret Santa!  I will cherish the cookbook always, and I can assure you that I will get plenty of use out of the Martini glass. :)  Hopefully someday I will get the chance to travel so that I can use the luggage tag as well.  You really went above and beyond.  Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you liked it. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and make sure you have a joyous New Year! Drinks all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, and sorry that it took me so long to get my post done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!! That was a GREAT gift! I love reading all of your stories. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....