January 17, 2011

A Great Escape


I just recently finished reading this series.

I must say, it was fantastic!  If you are a lover of books, or just someone who enjoys a little break and a great story every once in a while, this series is for you.  I was sucked in from the first word.

Almost everyone that I work with had read it and they were all talking about how amazing it was. I have to admit, everything that I heard about it from the first time a co worker uttered it's name to me seemed a little out there and I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.  It's set in the future, and the main idea behind the series is that each year a boy and girl from each district are thrown into an arena to fight to the death.

After I finished the first book I had the second and third done in a matter of days.  The story is so original, which it seems the world is lacking lately.  I would definately recommend that you go pick them up!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! This series is on several best of 2010 lists..but I haven't had a chance to pick them up. This post will have me reading them by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting our blog and for your kind encouragement. you are welcome to post the video-- thanks for wanting to!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....