July 29, 2008

All Is Well

Everything went very well with Brett's surgeries on Wednesday! They got all of the necessary repairs made, and he is well on his way to a healthy body......any bets on how long that will last? =)
Before they took him into the operating room they made him right 'YES' on the parts that needed to be fixed, I guess doctors get confused easily and don't want a lawsuit:


Here he is anxiously awaiting the Anesthesiologist's arrival:

Since he's been home he has actually been following the rules surprisingly well (for Brett anyway) He is using a wheelchair that we borrowed from my grandparents to get around the house, and stays laying down with both legs elevated most of the time. Belle is really good at keeping him company:



Here is a funny picture we took of Belle! This is the kind of idea you get when you are on heavy pain killers, she's a good sport:

Thanks to everyone for all of your support, and a special thanks to Mom, Gwen, and Lloyd for being at the hospital with me to keep me sane.....I don't know how many more of these surgeries I can wait through. So hopefully Brett will have learned his lesson this time......but really, who am I kidding?

2 comments:

  1. Glad he's doing good and that pic of Belle is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went well.
    I love the pic of Belle.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....