July 18, 2008

Whose Idea Was This?



I know that they haven't even released Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince yet, and maybe I'm a little bit ahead of myself here, but I'm really annoyed right now! So just let me vent, okay?

I have always hated the fact that that there is a year between the release of the new Harry Potter films, but lets face it, it's understandable for so many reasons:
  1. They obviously use it as a huge marketing scheme to get people more hyped up about it since they have to wait so long for the new movie to come out.
  2. I get that it takes a long time to film a movie.
  3. The actors probably need a break in between filming to spend time with their families and their Friends.
  4. They have to brainstorm new and exciting ways to draw in the crowd with fabulous special effects.
  5. They have to take time, and make sure all of the important plot points are included.
  6. etc., etc., etc.
so for these reason it makes sense to me that we really do have a reason for waiting in agony for the next films release, but let me share something with you that I just discovered today....

When they release Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in November of 2010, it's only going to be part 1.....no you didn't read it wrong, I said part 1. Then we have to wait until May of 2011 to see the 2nd half! Yeah, this is why I'm so mad right now! After the sixth movie, we wait one full year to see just HALF of the seventh movie, then we have to wait six more months to see the rest.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is the most terrible idea ever?

Whose idea was this anyway? Because if it was J.K. Rowling, and this is all just a ploy to make more money, then I would like to remind her that she is a BILLIONAIRE!! This is unnecessary.

I would much rather sit through five hours of wondrous Harry Potter all at one time than see two and a half hours of it now, then see the other two and a half hours six months later......maybe I should start a petition to Warner Brothers, would you sign it?

2 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about this.... on one hand, I'm annoyed about the extra wait. On the OTHER hand - it was a long book, and there is so much I'd want to have included.... if we get 4+ hours in movie time rather than 2+ - that six month wait might just be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean, but book five was the longest of the series, and they squeezed it all into one film. Riddle me that....I think it's just a money scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....