September 11, 2008

9.11.01

It's hard to believe that it has really been 7 years since the Twin Towers fell. It was a tragic day, and I remember it vividly. I was a Junior in high school, and all we did in our classes that day was watch the footage on TV. I first heard about it that morning on the radio while I was driving to school, I didn't believe it at first, so I changed the station. Boy was that stupid! It wasn't until I got to my first class that morning that I realized it was true. I was in shock. I didn't think that I would ever really see something like this in my lifetime.

The thing that sticks out the most to me about the day though, is leaving class to call Brett and find out if he had heard about it yet. I think we talked for 15 or 20 minutes, and when I came back to class no one had even noticed that I was gone. Not even my teacher. Everyone was glued to the TV. Nothing else that day seemed to matter.

It was amazing to see the heroic people of NYFD and NYPD trying to sort through the chaos, and help the residents of New York. They are brave men and women, and I think that even though it has been 7 years, they still deserve a big THANK YOU!!

I will never forget that day. Ever. What do you remember?

1 comment:

  1. I was sitting in my English class and my teacher just walked up turned on the TV and walked away. Didn't say anything about what was going on so we were all VERY confused. One girl thought it was just an accident. I remember seeing the second plane hit the towers live, as it was happening, and she couldn't believe someone would do that on purpose. It really is a crazy world, and I do agree with that girl, It's crazy to think that someone would have so much hate as to do that on purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....