September 25, 2008

Friendly Competition

Last Saturday night we decided to stay home and have a BBQ with our neighbors. We invited our friends Chaz and Shay down to enjoy the BBQ with us, but we were turned down. Something about the drive being too far, I think. So we went ahead without them. The BBQ was delicious, as it always is when Brett mans the grill (thanks honey!). We had fun hanging out with our neighbors, and the Collings family. Brett played football with the guys while I sat around talking with the girls. It was a lot of fun.

Later that night after we were done cleaning up, Shay sent us this picture in a text message:



I think they were trying to convince us that their party was better. I think I believe them.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind me linking to you from cjane. I am trying to spread the word about a Nie project I am starting, check it out at www.quilt4nie.blogspot.com or on her benefit blog. Thank you! Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. No No No. Tell them the truth. Your rich snobby friends don't like us to mooch off them. We could not afford the $1,000 dollar a plate dinner you guys were having. So we filled up old empty bottles of booze with water and pretended like it was the cristal you were all enjoying at your elegant BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylyn! I would love for you to design me a knew header and background. I will email you and look at your stuff this week when i have some time. Plan on it though! I am also very glad that our blogs brought us back together! I just love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....