December 31, 2009

Three Sixty Five

It's hard to believe that it has been a year since my mom died. I still don't feel like it is real. I thought that by now I would have come to terms with it, but I guess I'm just not quite ready yet. It was so weird to have Thanksgiving and Christmas without her. She loved the holidays so much. She loved that the family came together for the celebration, buying gifts for her kids and grand kids, and making candy for hours every day. They were definitely her favorite months of the year, and it is hard to know that they are going to continue on, and she won't be able to enjoy them ever again. It breaks my heart.

My family didn't even have a Christmas party this year.

Things just aren't the same without her around.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! Hang in there. She's with you in spirit and in ways you couldn't even imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....