February 3, 2011

Harold Boyd Hughes


A week ago today, the world lost an amazing man. My grandpa. Harold Boyd Hughes.

I am so lucky to be able to say that I have had him as my grandpa.  He was the most loving, understanding, funny, talented, and kind man.  My heart hurts so much because I will never be able to hear that infectious laugh, taste his homemade candy or listen as he tells me one of his entertaining stories again, but my grief is just me being selfish.  He is in a far better place now, and he is in the company of his beloved wife as well as my mom.  He is where he has wanted to be for the past few years, and I know that they will take care of him for me. 

I will think of him often and smile. 

I love you grandpa, and I will miss you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....