April 7, 2011

127 Hours


We have been wanting to see this movie since it came out, but for one reason or another we never made it to the theater to see it before it was no longer showing.  We finally rented it the other day.

All I can say is wow. 

The entire time we were watching it I had mixed emotions.  I wanted to turn away, but I couldn't.  I was so enthralled with his strength and will to survive.  I was amazed with how well he kept his cool throughout the whole ordeal.  It was intense from beginning to end.  Then when it got over, Brett and I just sat there in silence staring at each other.  We were completely speechless and couldn't decide how to react.  It was such a tragic story, but at the same time it was an extremely triumphant story. It really makes you think.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I couldn't stop watching either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wow" really does say it best! I lost it a little bit towards the end when he stumbles across the hiker family and says the words "I need help", not just "help". I was able to detach myself from the arm amputation scene by not thinking of it as "this actually happened" but "this is movie magic". What grossed me out was when he drank his pee!

    I know one thing - I do not have his will to survive. He is an amazing young man...

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....