December 30, 2011

A look back at 2011

Sitting down to reflect on the year that we had in 2011, I was convinced that it would be tough to find much content. I couldn't really come up with a whole lot off the top of my head, and to be honest, it feels like the year was a cyclone of drama and frustration.

Then I started combing through my archives from the past year.

To my surprise, we had a pretty good year. There was still a fair amount of bullshit and drama, but there were also a lot of really fun memories made. I enjoyed reading the posts again and being able to relive some of the better moments of 2011.

I am really glad to have come across so many good things about the past year, because I was convinced that this one needed to be erased from my memory. Isn't it funny how much the negative weighs in your mind over the good? Even when, as you can see below, the good was pretty damn great.

All in all, I have to say that I have changed my mind since I began writing this post. I am not going to remember 2011 as a horrible year that sucked the soul out of my being. Instead, I will remember it as a great year of firsts, discoveries and fun.

I'm going to try and forget about the bad stuff. It's not worth the pain it causes to remember.

Favorite movie:
Usually we end up with different movies to list as our favorite for the year, however, this year Brett and I both agree that the best movie we saw last year was In Time, I wrote about it here.

Favorite song:
Sail, by AWOLNATION (Brett)
Pumped up kicks, by Foster the People (Kaylyn)

Favorite album:
Lil'Wayne - The Carter IV (Brett)
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (Kaylyn)

Highlights:
  • We traded my Jetta for a Jeep (here)
  • We spent a week in Moab with Chaz and Shay for Jeep Safari (here, here, here, here, here, and here.... what? I really enjoyed myself, and there was a lot to write about.)
  • Brett got me a Kindle as a compromise to a much more insane request that I had made (here and here)
  • Shay and I threw a murder mystery dinner for our Halloween party this year (here)
  • The second annual Mardi Gras Bash at Chaz and Shay's (here)
  • We went to the U2 Concert, again with Chaz and Shay (here and here)
  • A week of doing nothing in the mountains (here)
  • Witches Night Out at Gardner Village with the ladies (here)

Things that we found on the Internet and fell in love with:

Tough stuff:
Cheers to an amazing 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....