December 1, 2008

Book Reviews by Kaylyn

I think it's about time for me to start doing book reviews. Don't you? I read so many books, and so many of them are books that I think you should read too. So now I will have a way of enticing you to read what I read, then we can talk about it. Sound good? I will kick things off with the book that I finished yesterday:


The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

by Mark Haddon

Rating: Two Stars
The one word I would use to sum up this book: Odd

Don't get me wrong, it was definitely interesting. I always appreciate it when an author comes up with a creative narrator for a book (that's why The Book Thief is my favorite!) and this one was definitely interesting. It is about a 15 year old autistic boy named Christopher, and it is written from his perspective. He discovers late one night that his neighbors dog has been killed, and he makes it his mission to solve the murder. The book has it's funny moments, and it's sad moments, with a lot of WTF? moments thrown in as well. It jumps around a lot. Overall it was an interesting read. It's only about 200 pages, so it's a quick read. I won't be reading it again, but I can't say I regret reading it once. I will give any book a chance. So if you just need to kill time, pick it up, or you can borrow mine. But if you are looking for a structured story that you will just love....this is not the book for you.

Have you read it? What did you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....