December 5, 2008

I Am Afraid Of The Dentist

It's true, and that's why I haven't been to see one in roughly 7 years. Yes, you heard me correctly, I said seven. Brett hasn't been for about 10 years, but not because he's afraid.

So we decided that it was finally time to go. We both went in for cleanings a few weeks ago, and at first it wasn't so bad. We discovered that Dr. Alcorn (our new dentist) is married to one of Brett's childhood neighbors and went to dental school with Dr. Coleman (Brett's orthodontist), weird. It's a small world. We also made another shocking discovery. It turns out that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Who knew? (okay, I knew.) I have 11 cavities. Yes, you heard me correctly, I said eleven. You think that sucks? Brett hasn't been to the dentist for 3 years longer than me, and guess how many cavities he has? 2. WTF?

So last Wednesday I went in to have 6 of my 11 cavities filled. Joy. Right now I feel like I got punched in the face by Muhammad Ali.

While we were sitting in the room waiting for them to get started Brett said something that made me laugh, and then when I started laughing, he started laughing. I asked him what was so funny, so he took out his phone and said "smile". Then he showed me this little beauty:


Half of my face was numb. I swear I thought I was giving him a full on smile. Guess not. It's okay, you can laugh too. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. You are still pretty, swollen face or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still pretty, swollen face or not.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....