December 11, 2008

The Giver


Rating: Four Stars
The one word I would use to sum up this book: Brilliant

I read this book when I was in junior high school, and I had forgotten a lot of the details, so yesterday I decided I was going to read it again (it was the first time I had ever read a whole book in one day!), and I am so glad I did! This is such a great story, and really the only complaint that I can say I have about it is the fact that it's not long enough. I think that the author could have added so much more to the story and it would have been even greater! It is about a boy named Jonas and his family. They live in a society of "sameness" where there is no pain, no suffering, and no color. It follows him through his 12th year of life, and the struggles with getting his 'assignment' and beginning his training for adulthood.

I absolutely loved it, and I am reading the sequel next!! :)

Have you read it? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books of all time. I have read it several times and own more than one copy :)

    What is the name of the sequel? I haven't heard of it....

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....