January 29, 2009

IT ROCKED!!!

This morning I awoke with a sore throat, ringing in my ears, and a headache from hell, but it's all worth it!

That concert last night ROCKED! I have never been to such a fun concert before. Papa Roach was by far my favorite performance of the night, with buckcherry coming in as a close second. They both had so much energy, and it seemed like they were having so much fun. They did a really great job of keeping the crowd excited, and up on their feet.

Saving Abel's show was good too, but they just weren't as pumped. I really enjoy their music though, and I will be buying their CD. They are my kind of rock, hard....but not too hard. I was really looking forward to the show that Avenged Sevenfold was going to put on because they are Brett and Shay's favorite rock band. They did a good show, but they were having technical difficulties with their microphones. So you could hear all of the music, but hardly any of the words.

All in all the show was awesome! {other than the people sitting on either side of us that were taking up half of our seats, and the smelly people that kept walking past us. The kid next to me smelled like he had just dipped himself in the french fry grease from McDonald's. Oh, and that other kid who was in such a hurry that he couldn't wait for us to stand up so he could walk by, and tripped over Brett's legs....twice. I thought Brett was going to punch him!}

I also have to say that if you are at all into people watching, this was the place to be! There were so many interesting outfits and hairdo's......Some of the most outrageous people that I have ever seen! I wish I would've had my camera. Oh, and I can't forget the drunk girl that was trying to bash in some one's car window with her shoe as we were leaving, Classic!

Thanks Chaz and Shay for selling us your extra tickets! :)


What is the best concert you have ever seen? {that's your hint to leave a comment}

7 comments:

  1. Godsmack, Best show I have ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I am new to blogging and have been searching for interesting ones to read. I just keep clicking "next blog" until I find one that catches my eye.
    We have tons of stuff in common (sorry, I'm snoopy!) Same music, books, you want to move to WA, that's where I live.
    I am glad you had fun at your concert, minus the smells peeps!
    Take care,
    Daylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Washington. I have lived here my whole life...which is darn close to 30 years, ugh! I live about 25 miles south of Seattle. The best thing about the Seattle area is that it is about 2 hours to the ocean, an hour to the mountains, 3 hours to the desert and there is great wine to be drank!
    I would love some reading suggestions. I haven't picked up a book in months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K so I have to admit, I have only been to one concert,oops two in my whole life! I went to Rascal Flats when they first started and then to Lincoln Park. They were both good but I couldn't stand all the crowds and noise. I know I'm a wuss! So needless to say, I haven't been to one since! I am glad that you had so much fun at yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best concert I've ever been to was when Robin Thicke played a small venue here in Jackson. Oh, and the Doodlebops were a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that you saw Buckcherry makes me SO jealous...I love them. A LOT! My most fav concert was a bunch of concerts...Summer Warp Tour where I saw My Chemical Romance right when they first came out...it rocked! I saw a lot of band that I don’t remember but loved just as much!

    Ok- SO as for the marathon. Hmm...would I do it again? Not at the moment. But I'm sure eventually later down the road I will buck it up and do another. Would I recommend doing one...TOTALLY. The sense of accomplishment you feel is indescribable. The hard part is the training. You have to be 110% dedicated. You MUST get ALL your runs in; training takes 5-6 months. It's hard work but well worth it. The best part... you get in great shape! RULE #1- Pick a marathon, sign-up, pay the fee, and get yourself locked in. That way you know you HAVE to train and you HAVE to run it! If you don't have an end goal put into place then you'll never do it. SO go for it! Please, Please don't run 2 back to back though...You will cry. And your toe nails will cry. Mine are still not recovered and my last race was June 1st! My body has just barely recovered...well I should say my "mind"; I just barely started running again last month. HA! It truly does take EVERYTHING out of you. But then again, I was going to school full time and working 40 hours a week. SO if I can do it....SO CAN YOU! Let me know if you ever need any advice or help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not been to nearly enough concerts in my life - though have attended some good ones.

    The standout, for me, is a David Wilcox performance that was held at the Salt Lake Arts Center. Very small venue, probably less than 100 seats - and we were just a few feet away from him.

    Several years later he performed at the Zephyr - and afterward was overwhelmed by people wanting to buy/have him sign his cds. So I walked up to him and said, "Do you need some help?" He looked so grateful...

    So I grabbed a bunch of cds, and walked up the long line of people selling them, gathering the cash and checks, and so all David had to do was sign the cds. That was a fun experience as well.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....