April 15, 2009

Ebony and Ivory

Last night was the beginning of a fun new adventure for me. I have always wanted to learn how to play the piano. Always. When I was a little girl I always admired my friends that could play. The funny thing is though, I never thought to ask my mom for lessons. I don't know why.

A few years back Brett and his parents bought me a keyboard for my birthday, and I just never got around to actually finding anyone who could teach me. It has always been my intention, but I just kept putting it off. I frequently bring up the desire to start taking lessons in conversations with family and friends, so for my birthday this year Kristi decided to take it upon herself to finally find someone to teach me. I was so excited when she gave me the gift certificate she had made. I get to take 30 lessons, and my book was included. Last night was my first lesson. It was such a proud moment for me. I finally get to do something that I have always wanted, and I will soon get to cross off one of the items on my bucket list. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....