April 2, 2009

You think you know movies....prove it!

Lets play a game, shall we? I love games and I love movies, so naturally this game caught my eye. I picked 30 movies that I love {which wasn't hard at all}, and listed a quote from each movie below. Read through the quotes, and try to guess which movie's they are from. Leave a comment with your guess and include: the quote number, movie title, and your name. When someone guesses correctly I will strikeout the quote, put the name of the person who made the correct guess, and the name of the movie next to it. Sounds fun, right? Here's the tricky part: You aren't allowed to use any search engines, IMDB, wikipedia, etc. You just have to know them. You wouldn't cheat would you? Good!

Ready? GO!!

1 -“If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for this monster.” Beauty and the Beast - {Day}

2 - “Lemon drops and Tequila, my friend. The moment where a 30-year-old body does not recover quite as fast as a 29-year-old body.” P.S. I Love You - {Brooke}

3 - “You know the best part? It isn't knowing that your friends have your back. It's knowing that you have your friends' back.” Green Street Hooligan's

4 - "That ain't no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet.” Juno - {Jessica}

5 - “See... I tell you I can read minds and you think there's something wrong with you?” Twilight - {Day}

6 - “Don’t’ hurt me Arch, I’m only little!” Rock'N'Rolla

7 - “Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual.” BeetleJuice - {Day}

8 - “Freedom isn't free at all, that it comes with the highest of costs. The cost of blood.” 300

9 - “This part of my life... this part right here? This part is called: being stupid." The Pursuit of Happyness

10 - “Was it programmed to stop before it took my head off?” Laura Croft: Tomb Raider

11 - Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - {Jessica}

12 - “I could be fun, if you want. I could be pensive, uhh... smart, superstitious, brave? And I, uhh, I can be light on my feet. I could be whatever you want. You just tell me what you want, and I'm gonna be that for you.” The Notebook

13 - “I was talking to Bianca, and she was saying that in her culture they have these rites of passages and rituals and ceremonies, and, just all kinds of things that, when you do them, go through them, let you know that you're an adult? Doesn't that sound great?” Lars and the Real Girl

14 - “What the hell are you doing out here, Fred? Fred, if you're real, you better tell me right now!” I Am Legend

15 - “You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.” Step Brothers - {Day}

16 - “We would just like it if you go home and step on the scale, and write down how much you weigh, and subtract it by like, 20.” Knocked Up - {Kortney}

17 - “Seger's an artist. A genius. An American original. And what are you, Nigel? A therapist? Is that it? You're sizing me up. You're on the case, now you're gonna fix me?” Reign Over Me

18 - “At last! My arm is complete again!” Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

19 - "You make $100 an hour and you have a safety pin holding your boot up? " Pretty Woman - {Day}

20 - “I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.” Super Troopers - {Jessica}

21 - “I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no".” Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - {Brooke}

22 - “eff you sugar daddy!” Catch and Release

23 - “True or False: All's fair in love and war.” How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - {Day}

24 - “When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about. And that was the beginning of fairies.” Finding Neverland

25 - "No! I'm madly in love with you and it's not because of your brains or your personality." Little Miss Sunshine

26 - “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” The Princess Bride - {Jessica}

27 - “No, I'm not crazy and a lot of times people go "Oh that's crazy!" then they go "It's genius!". That's what happened to the person who invented fire, they burned that witch and guess what, then they got warm and they ate good stuff. Now where are we headed to. Let's not make this weird 'cause I'm not good on dates...” The Break Up

28 - “Bob loved me because he thought my testicles were removed too. Being there, pressed against his tits, ready to cry. This was my vacation... and she ruined everything.” Fight Club

29 - “Hey, psycho - we're not gonna discuss this, OK, it's over. Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.” The Wedding Singer - {Day}

30 - “If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!” Billy Madison - {Day} {you rock!!}



8 comments:

  1. 1.Beauty and the Beast
    4.I totally know but don't want to cheat
    5.Twilight
    7.Beetlejuice
    15.Step Bros
    18.Corpse Bride
    19.Pretty Woman
    21.Darn! I know this too!
    23.How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
    26.Scarface
    29.Wedding Singer
    30.Billy Madison

    And I will totally post after my wine fest! I will try to take pics if I don't drink too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4-Juno
    11-THe 1st Harry Potter
    20-Super troopers
    26-Princess Bride

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know absolutely none of those...but how is it that "The Color Purple" didn't make the list?? ;-)

    Just kidding -- that and The Ballad of Ricky Bobby are my all time favorites. I'm not much of a movie buff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I left you a comment over on the blog, but this is what I said. You must watch the Color Purple -- really, you gotta. if you watch TCP, I'll expand my movie horizons and watch your favorite movie -- and review it on the blog. We'll do a movie trade, just tell me what to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I put Scarface for #26! I'm a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh piss-ant....I suck terribly at this shit. SO you get NO guesses from me! I had to stop by and say hello though! I've been such a flake. So, HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally only knew about 3 of those and they were ones people already knew...

    However, I did manange to find two that i knew.. I am proud of myself. haha.

    14. Drop Dead Fred?? HORRIBLE MOVIE. I can't believe I even sat through the whole thing! (no offense) ha.

    16. Knocked up! LOVE that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2. P.S. I Love You
    21. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....