April 24, 2009

I just don't get it

Why is everyone so into Twitter? I hear about it everywhere I go, for hell's sake the NBA announcers even talk about it. So the other day {really like 2 weeks ago} I decided to sign up and see what all the hype was about. My conclusion: Twitter is stupid, account deleted. The only person who needs a Twitter account is Dooce. Because lets face it, she is the only blogger on earth that has 50 billion readers who really care what she is doing at any given moment in the day. She's funny, I'm not funny. Therefore, I don't need a Twitter account. Why would I want to have a Twitter account that I send updates to when no one is reading? I already have a blog that no one reads, so why waste more time?

I guess maybe I'm just not into the whole 'social networking' thing. No Myspace, no Facebook, no Twitter, no thank you. My blog is just here to keep the few people who do care updated from time to time, and serve as a journal for Brett and I. I have reconnected with some great friends through this blog that I lost touch with over the years, and I am grateful for that. I just think that keeping up with one site is time consuming enough. I don't know how some people can do them all.

Do you Twitter? What do you like about it?

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree! It sounds so dumb and honestly do I really want people to know what I am doing at all times? NO WAY!! Im glad you have your blog though I love to read it even though Im not a great commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said the whole truth about Twitter! Twitter = stupid. Why do I care about everyone's activities 24/7? Guess what? I DON'T!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kinda like you. I don't think Twitter is all that great. I use Facebook b/c it makes it easy to keep in touch w/ family that is all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell no I don't twitter...that hurts my head. Why would anyone even care that I'm eating potato chips right now, or that I may walk out to get the mail. It's dumb. here is a link to a funny youtube video about twitter and how crazy it can make people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbH63Ali9U

    ReplyDelete
  5. K you are too funny! I was laughing my guts out at you. I always know I can come to your blog anytime of the week and get cheered up! I don't even know what twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....