April 24, 2009

I accept

A few weeks ago I did a post about quotes from my favorite movies. I had a lot of fun reading through the comments to see how people guessed. In the end only about half of them were figured out. I guess that this post showed me that I have a very different taste in movies than a lot of people.

My blog friend Psonya over at Pserendipity was pretty bothered by the fact that I didn't have a quote from her favorite movie, The Color Purple, listed in the post. Then when I told her that I had read the book, but never seen the movie, she left me this comment:

"You must watch the Color Purple -- really, you gotta. if you watch TCP, I'll expand my movie horizons and watch your favorite movie -- and review it on the blog. We'll do a movie trade, just tell me what to get."

So I have decided to accept her challenge! The movie that I am picking for her is {drumroll please}.....Green Street Hooligan's. Brett and I love this movie. It is seriously one of our favorite movies of all time. It's got a great plot, plus tons of intense action.


vs.

Make sure you check back next week for my review of The Color Purple!
Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I have seen all the movies from your quote game. I just couldn't recall the lines! I have always wanted to watch TCP. So I guess I will now and Green St Hooligans too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED green street hooligans.. Its a crazy fighting show but it was good.. let me know what you think!!

    Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just passing by... I saw the link to your blog on friend's blog. Just wanted to comment that The Color Purple is tied as my favorite movie of all time (tied with It's A Wonderful Life). Your friend is right, and I am sure you will love this film. At the time it was made, it was nominated for more Oscars than any other movie in history. And it didn't win a single one. There were some pretty angry people over that. I have watched that movie so many times I know the dialogue by heart. A few people at work do too, and out of the blue we will throw a line or two out each day and everyone will get a good laugh.

    "It's gonna rain on your head."

    "Why Miss Celie, that mean you still a virgin." "Yeah cause ain't nobody love me."

    "You told Harpo to beat me." "I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead fore I let him beat me."

    "Until you do right by me, everything you even think about gonna fail."

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I heart anonymous! I totally would have recognized all those quotes. Secondly, I proudly accept the movie challenge! I've never even heard of Green Street Hooligans, but I'm going to find it and watch it. I'm sure I'll love it as much as you love The Color Purple.

    Game on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found the movie and Tim and I are set to watch this weekend, only Tim doesn't know that. :-) What day are you reviewing, I'll do mine the same day.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....