June 30, 2009

If only I had gills

By five o'clock this morning we were out the door, and headed to the pool. Brett has been swimming a few times a week for a while now, and yesterday I decided I was going to start going with him. Today was my first attempt.

Today was basically just a confirmation of what I pretty much already knew. I can't swim.

Everything Brett was telling me made perfect sense, I just couldn't make my body cooperate. I was flailing all over the place. It is extremely hard to focus on everything at once. Your arms are doing this, while your legs are doing that.

I think that the hardest thing for me to overcome will be the breathing. Every time I tried to take a breath I would inhale a gallon of pool water. Yum. You don't happen to have any Gillyweed you can lend me, do you?

Brett is confident that I will get the hang of it in no time. Lucky for me I have a good teacher! ;)

5 comments:

  1. You better figure it out pretty damn quick since I plan on flipping the boat on the snake and sending you into the drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will smother you with a pillow in your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would watch out, I sleep naked and I sleep sunny side up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. regardless that i can swim well, i still wish i had gills. i'd live in the ocean for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! We must be separated-at-breath twins. I'm taking lessons, and I told my teacher, look honey, you can get two out out of three at a time - arms, legs, breathing. But all three at once? So far, it is a no go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....