June 12, 2009

Refreshing

I love the smell of rain. It has been raining here all week, and I can't get enough. It is supposed to rain a lot this weekend, and I can't wait to play in it. Today has been extra sunny and warm though, so maybe we won't get the chance.

I remember when we lived in North Ogden, and we would get these incredible rainstorms that would flood the streets. We would sit on the porch and watch the rain and lightning, while listening to the thunder, and smelling the rain in the air. Every once in a while we would see something float by, and we would laugh. It was always something that you wouldn't expect to see floating down the street, like a laundry basket. We got a kick out of that.

Two summers ago, right after we moved in with Kristi and Jerry, there was a rainstorm in Highland that was just amazing. There was so much water in the slope of the yard that Brett and Scott were using the grass as a natural slip 'n slide. It was hilarious to watch, and by the time they came inside they were soaked to the bone. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures. I wish we did.

This is something that Brett and I have greatly in common. We both love the rain, everything about it. I think that is the main reason that we want to live in Washington someday. Neither of us have ever been there, so hopefully that will be our next vacation destination.

I guess I should go buy an umberella.

2 comments:

  1. You will love winters in Seattle then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take long periods of rain. It's been awful here in New York and I am at a breaking point.

    To me, there is NOTHING like a sunny day.

    There are days where I love the smell of rain, but rain in general depresses me.

    I have to say though, I do enjoy hearing someone that enjoys the rain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....