June 16, 2009

Clean up on aisle twelve

Last night Brett and I ran to the grocery store to grab a few things. We prefer to shop for a few things here and there, when the need arises, rather than spend hours buying everything we need all at once. We had been shopping for about ten minutes, and had almost everything we needed. Just two more items on the list, and we would be on our way home.

We decided that it would be faster to split up, so I went one way to grab dog treats, and he went another way to grab the milk. Then we were going to meet back in the middle. One problem. I couldn't decide which dog treats to choose. It's a hard decision to make these days, because there are way too many options. How am I supposed to know what is going to taste good to a dog? Maybe she doesn't like the taste of lamb, who am I to decide? As I stood there staring at the selection of dog treats, trying to make a decision, I see Brett out of the corner of my eye. He was apparently much faster with his task than I was with mine, so it was perfect, he could help me decide. I had a bag of Beggin' Strips in one hand, and some rawhide bones in the other hand. Apparently it's too tough a decision for one to make on their own, so I needed backup.

I turn to show him what I am holding, and ask his opinion. Right as I am beginning to speak, I see one of the two gallons of milk he is carrying fall from his hand in slow motion and explode as soon as it hits the concrete floor.


Nothing like this has ever happened to us at the grocery store before, and we reacted in the only way we knew how. Hysterical laughter. I'm sure that the look on both of our faces was priceless.

After the reality of it all set in, Brett found the nearest employee and proclaimed "I made a huge mess." Then we stood near the spill taking full ownership of what happened until the same employee returned with a mop. Then we laughed some more, and continued the conversation about which dog treats to buy.

We ended up going with the Beggin' Strips.

3 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny. I did that right after I had max, and since I was a ball of emotions, I started crying! I know, pathetic.
    About the reunion...this is the first I have heard about it. I don't know if my mom forgot to tell me or if she even knew about it. I am not sure if we will be able to make it. Chase has work and depending on the kids attitudes I might or might not attempt it. What time and where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was because Brett up-chucked because he had been working out so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Kaylyn, I am up in the night again and I love reading your blog. Tonight it made my night. How funny! So did you get milk or not? Did the person cleaning up the mess laugh. I would have been laughing the rest of the night. They make these wonderful shopping carts to carry your purchases in. You might try using one next time. I know Brett has used them to ride in at late night shopping adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....