October 21, 2009

So glad I'm not that desperate

Out of all of the holidays that come and go Halloween always manages to keep me the most busy. It seems like I have been back and forth between the fabric store and the Halloween store about a hundred thousand times in the last two months. You know how it goes when you are working on a project and suddenly you realize that you forgot to buy something and are forced to run back to the store, AGAIN! Oh, that never happens to you? Guess I'm just unprepared.

On Monday night I dragged Kristi and Joeli with me all over Utah county trying to find all of the last minute things I still needed, like oh I don't know, MY HUSBAND'S WHOLE ENTIRE COSTUME!!! Yeah, I'm that far behind. Halloween is only ten days away, and I still haven't been able to find it.

We started at one Halloween store, then the fabric store, then a craft store, and then went to another Halloween store. No luck. So we decided to try Savers. Remind me never to do that again please. I'm not saying that all savers' are bad, but the one by my house is. I don't know if you have ever been in a savers before, but if not, just picture a really dumpy version of DI. They don't organize things very well, the smell when you walk in is enough to make you want to vomit, there are four hundred thousand people crammed into one store at any given moment, the employees are all extremely hostile, and did I mention the smell? It's bad.

We had probably only been there for about five minutes when Kristi leans in and whispers just loud enough for Joeli and I to hear her, that she is disgusted that they sell used bed sheets and comforters in a store like this, I mean come on! That can't be very sanitary. To which I reply that as long as they don't sell used panties, I'm alright. They don't do they?

After our brief exchange about the sheets I browse for maybe another five minutes, and find a jacket that I think might work. I'm standing in line at the register to give one of the aforementioned hostile employees my six dollars so that I can get the hell out of there, when Kristi leans in with another whisper and proclaims, that the answer to my question is yes.

At first I was somewhat puzzled, because I didn't remember asking her a question. Then she gets this really disgusted look on her face and goes; you know, about the panties! I just saw some over there by the bra's.

Forget the smell, because that was the point when I damn near lost my dinner.

4 comments:

  1. can't believe you didn't mention the lingerie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWW! Used underpants! Yuck, yuck, yucky!
    Your blog always makes me smile tho. I have missed reading it. I am going to be Joan Jett for Halloween. Found me a pleather jacket for $20 online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dirty girl!!! Lingerie???? Fabulous! Can't wait to see your costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....