October 30, 2009

At last

Between making costumes, building coffins, creating playlists, shellacking boxes, photoshopping pictures, and trying to shop for all of those last minute finishing touches we have been so busy this month that it seems as though our lives are completely consumed with Halloween preparation. Hence the sparse posting that has taken place here.

I am really excited about how our costumes turned out, but damn! Next year I am going to pick costumes that will be a lot less complicated to construct. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed making them, I just wish it would've taken about two weeks less than it actually did. I even ended up breaking down and buying Brett's costume, and just making a few minor adjustments to it. I bit off way more than I could chew with mine, and to make them both completely from scratch would've been impossible in the time frame that I gave myself. I should've started sewing in February.

The hard work will all pay off tonight though, because tonight is the night we have been working so hard to perfect. Tonight is the dead man's party!

What are your Halloween plans this year?

4 comments:

  1. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousOctober 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

    Winning The Best Costume Award.
    That is what I will be doing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite mistaken there Chaz. I will be the one winning the award for best costume.

    Don't cry, maybe you'll get your chance last year. Doubt it, but maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so so cute:) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the pictures at Shay's now I want to see yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....