October 6, 2009

Disgusting

The sickness invading the basement apartment we call home over the last week is completely destroying my will to participate in the daily activities that normally occupy my life. I don't even feel like breathing anymore because it has become so labored.

I don't think that either of us have been this sick in the nine years that we have known each other. But hey, at least we are going through this hell together.

Here's what I don't understand about being sick: Why does it seem to eternally linger? Between the two of us we have gone through two bottles of DayQuil and three bottles of NyQuil in roughly a week. That can't be good for anyone.

So friends, if you have any wonderful remedies up your sleeve that you would be generous enough to share with us I would be forever grateful.

Please help us.

6 comments:

  1. If you're not better in 1 1/2 weeks you need to go to a doctor because even though it's probably viral you get infections from being sick so long. Ry got a sinus infection and I got ear infections. You need to drink a lot of fluid, get as much rest as possible and take it easy. Mucinex DM has worked great for me. Ry's going on 5 weeks and I'm going on 4 weeks. Hopefully you 2 will recover quicker than us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had two ear infection for a week now and am showing no signs of getting better even with antibiotics. Ugh. I hate this time of year.

    I agree with the Mucinex DM, though. That stuff is a miracle.

    Hope you guys feel better soon! There is nothing worse than the never ending cold/flu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vick's, it Cures everything.
    I have not heard Brett whine like a little girl as much as he has in the last few days. Boo, waaa, mommy I feel crappy, I got the poopies, that is all I have heard from him in the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any home remedies, but if my Grandma calls, I'll ask her. You might have to mix together some stuff you don't like, but it'll make you feel good!

    I hope you two get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure the flu gives you a whole new meaning to quality time together! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....