November 21, 2011

Doing things a little differently

Thanksgiving has never traditionally been a holiday that I look forward to. I don't know about you, but If I am going to spend one day of the year devoted to eating, my food of choice wouldn't be turkey. Pretty much the only thing that I am ever excited to have on Thanksgiving is the stuffing, and I can make that any day of the week.

This year we will be the only ones going out to Brett's parents house, so there's really no sense in making all of that food for just the four of us. I proposed to Brett's mom that we do something different this year, to which she replied: "We will eat whatever you want".

You guys, do you know what this means?

It means that we are going to have pizza for Thanksgiving.

I am a total pizza junkie, so when she gave me the freedom to choose the Thanksgiving meal, I thought that it would be fun if we spent the day together making homemade pizza. Then eating it. Isn't that brilliant?

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions?

4 comments:

  1. All you rich people who celebrate thanksgiving, wish I was that lucky. I will just eat spam like I do every year until my friends throw me a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, no. You guys are the ones who have already had one Thanksgiving dinner, and I'm pretty sure you will have another tomorrow.

    I only wrote this post to try and make myself feel better about the fact that we can't afford a turkey this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quit spending so much on Champagne and caviar and you might be able to afford a turkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a caviar?

    You must be WAY fancier than me. I don't even know what kind of hoity toity thing you are referring to.

    And Champagne, Chaz? You know that I can only afford wine when it's six dollars a bottle.....

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....