November 15, 2011

Refreshing


For the past three months or so, I have been working four ten hour shifts at work so that I could have Friday's off.  I was convinced that a three day weekend would be the answer to my prayers. At first it was nice having an extra day off every week, and I thought that I was living the life.

Let me just tell you how wrong I was.......

I was working until 8:00 every night, and by the time my forty minute commute was over all motivation had been long gone. I never really did anything productive when I got home and stopped working out, so I wasn't feeling up to par. Sure, I got to sleep in a little bit each day and didn't have to go to work on Friday's, but what good is being off on Friday when your husband works or has school all day and your best friend lives an hour and a half away?  No good. 

I have recently changed my schedule so that I am working earlier, five days a week, and I am off each day by 3:30 or 4:00. It's still new, but man is it making a huge difference in my day.  I get to see my husband more often, and actually eat dinner with him at a reasonable hour on occasion. I am less bitchy. What?  I can admit that ten hour days doing customer service on the phones makes me bitchy.  I feel like I have so much more time in my day, and yesterday I got to do something that I haven't been able to do for a while...read. I got my house cleaned, and some laundry done, then while Brett was working on homework I actually took some time to read. I have been working on the same book now for so long that I am starting to forget how it started.

It's going to be great to have myself back. I miss being a productive wife. Wait. Brett, was I a productive wife before?

Don't answer that....

8 comments:

  1. I can't even read this, all I can see are these fucking ads. What the fuck. MUSLIMA WOMEN. Do muslim women even have sex, if not why the hell would I want to look for a muslim women.
    CRAIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit... blogger totally messed with my settings and turned on ads.

    Sorry to anyone that was offended by that brief moment of insanity!! (CHAZ)

    I made the changes in my settings so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. I only saw one on my sidebar though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey if you want ads that's cool. I know your just trying to up your hours but come on at least share those hours with your peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a little solution for you, move up north so that you are only like 20 minutes away from your best friends, Geez quit being so selfish.
    By the way did you punish Belle for her thievery Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that 10 hour shifts arent that great, i've thought about trying for them but they sure do seem like exhausting yourself 4 days in a row just for an additional day to not do much cause youre so exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie - I think that I would have liked the four tens better if I were coming in at 7:00. Then at least I'd be home by 6:00 and there would still be time left in the day.

    It just got hard after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chaz - No, we didn't punish Belle for YOUR sneaky ways. It was funny though. We were driving, and she was sleeping like she usually does when we drive home from your house, then at about Centerville she rolled over on it just enough for it to let out a high pitched wheeze. We both instantly knew what it was. Dick.

    Also, us moving up there.... that's the plan. Why don't you give us some money for the down payment? Then at least we could move up there sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....