November 14, 2011

In Time


As someone who loves to write, I find myself noticing that there are more movies than not that are a repeat of some other story that is already in existence. It's very rare to find an original storyline, so when I do, I get pretty excited.

Going into this movie, I wasn't really sure what to expect.  The previews were just vague enough that you didn't really have a grasp of how intense the plot was going to be, but it drew you in and peaked your interest. I had this whole other idea in my brain of the direction it was going to take. I think that is part of what I loved about it though. As we were watching it, I had no idea what to expect so it made things that much more exciting for me.

The only criticism that I really have, is that I wish the leading lady was not Amanda Seyfried. I'm not really a fan of her acting, and that wig just looked ridiculous. I would have much rather watched him get naked in the ocean with Olivia Wilde who, oddly, was cast as his mother instead of his love interest. I would've done it the other way around. Everyone else, in my opinion, was cast brilliantly.

I love it when a movie challenges my brain like this one did. I can only hope that there will be others just as good.  I am not looking forward to the day when time is our currency.

Have you seen it?  What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I don't have enough minutes to spend giving you my opinions on this movie. I have to go to Weirs to get a few hours then maybe I can share, until then I must RUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Slang dog.... I was hoping that I could count on you to lend me some extra minutes to get me through Christmas!!!

    Shit. What am I going to do now??

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....