November 6, 2011

Who dunnit?

This year's Halloween party was a Murder Mystery dinner. It was a lot of work to put it all together, but in the end it was worth the effort. The costumes turned out amazing, and everyone did a great job with their characters. 

The hostess of the evening:


Shay's character was Countess Bathory, a 16th century mass murderess.

As usual, Shay went all out on the decor, and it turned out so beautiful:








Here are some pictures from the evening:

 Kaylyn and Shay

 Amber and Kaylyn

 Teri and Kaylyn

Kaylyn, Brandi and Kate

 The guys - Danny, Chaz, Mike, Brett, Ryan and Nick

Kaylyn, Shay, Jen and Kate

The company that we ordered the party kit from was a little disorganized, so a lot of work went into rewriting the clues and the format in which their questions and answers were set up was a bit scattered. I really enjoyed writing the character stories though, and I am seriously thinking about making my own Murder Mystery dinner party business. It would be a great creative outlet. 

Overall, I am so glad that we opted to go with the Murder Mystery theme, and I really do think that we will do it again next year. 

I want to send a special thanks to Chaz and Shay for always hosting these great shindigs!  Maybe next year we'll live closer and I can host so that you two can take a break. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you dirty fuckers to live closer. Seige and Pyke are excited to tear the new scothern residence up. Pyke is excited to show you his weiner....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as we live close enough for you guys to actually bring the dogs with you when you come over, we will be happy to welcome the mess. :)

    And then you can bring the hounds to our house whenever you go on vacation to Disneyland without us..... oh wait, I'm not letting that happen EVER AGAIN!! Looks like you better keep Traci on your speed dial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried to take y'all to Disneyland but you didn't want to go. I was even trying to pay but Brett said no I want to be the first to pay for a whole trip for friends, that is when he said he would pay for the entire trip for 4 next year.
    YAAAAA for Brett, what a good guy. By the way brett I want to stay at the Grand California at california adventure, sure it's 3 hundred something a night but how can you put a price on friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All fun aside, you know that my sister has made us go broke, right? I don't think we'll even be able to pay for ourselves to go to Lagoon by next year.

    Maybe we can take you guys to Disneyland when we are all 50.....

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....