November 24, 2008

What Can I Say?

Shay, Ashley, Denise and I saw Twilight on Saturday.

I'm going to go out on a limb here. What I am about to say may upset a few of you, but that's okay.....I'm going to say it anyway. Please don't think that I am saying this lightly. Here it goes:

"I, Kaylyn Scothern, liked the film adaptation of Twilight better than I liked the film adaptation of Harry Potter!"

There! I said it. I know, I know....it was a shock to me as well. But what can I say? They did a great job with the casting, the action scenes were good, the on screen chemistry between Bella and Edward was fantastic, and I think that it followed the book very well. I get that they left a lot out, but they had to! How could you cram that whole story into one movie? I think that for those that have never read Twilight it would be a lot easier to understand what was happening than if you had never read Harry Potter before going to see the movie. Harry Potter just had too many holes.

There were definately those cheesy moments that you could've done without, but the book had those moments too, and it made for a good laugh. After wondering for months why they choose Robert Pattinson to play edward, I finally get it. I wasn't too happy when they announced that they had cast him as Edward, but after seeing the movie I was impressed! He and Kristen stewart were just fantastic as Bella and Edward.

Don't get me wrong! I love Harry Potter, JK rowling will always be my hero, and it will forever be my favorite series of books! But as far as the movie goes, I think Twilight was better. I plan on seeing it again, and again, and again. I like to re-watch good movies, it drives Brett crazy sometimes. :)

So, in a nutshell, I thought that Twilight was A-MAZ-ING, and I can't wait for New Moon!!

What did you think? Tell the truth!!

4 comments:

  1. I heard it was a low budget film. Blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't personally think that I would consider $37,000,000.00 to be a low budget film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah but that is just chump change for you folks living the Miller High Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already talked to you about what I thought, but I loved it. I am totally surprised that you liked it better than the Harry Potter movies! Pie nights+extended was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....