November 2, 2009

Best. Party. Ever.

I don't think that work could have dragged on any longer than it did on Friday. I was so anxious to get the hell out of there so that we could head up to the Schlange's house, that it seriously made time move slower than a sloth walking through a tar pit.

Once the clock finally struck five though, we were on our way. Until we hit traffic.

Why is it that when you are in a hurry to get somewhere there is always a shit storm of traffic? You get held up forever just to finally approach the accident that has been holding everyone at a crawling pace for the last forty five minutes to find out that it was just a small fender bender, and the only reason you were held up at all is because the dick heads in front of you just had to slow down and stare. Then on the days when you have nowhere to go, and you aren't in a hurry at all, you know, the days that it wouldn't really matter too bad if you were stuck behind a bunch of retarded slow assholes, there are never any hold ups. Murphy's law, I guess.

We finally got there with just enough time to get ourselves into costume. Shay, who is a complete fucking rockstar with a makeup brush, did the makeup for just about everyone who was in attendance before she even got herself ready. I want to give her a special thanks for making us look as dead as humanly possible without actually slitting our throats.

All of the hard work and waiting finally paid off! The Dead Man's Party was a HUGE success!
The invitation said that the party was to begin at eight o'clock, so naturally everyone showed up at about nine. It was well worth the wait though, because there were some really great costumes! My personal favorites were Chaz and Shay as Tim Burton's Alice and Mad Hatter, Del and Jana as Jesus and Mary Magdalene, Zach as Betelgeuse, and of course Brett and I as Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. There were a few people who were total party poopers {ahem TRACI!!} and didn't come as someone dead, or even dress up at all, but what can you do? Not everyone knows how to party like the Scothern's and the Schlange's.

I really don't know how to put into words the mass amount of fun that was had. Seriously, when else are you going to see Jesus and Sweeney Todd break dancing together? Chaz made an awesome beer pong table, there was plenty of dancing going on, and Midori sours and beer margarita's were enjoyed by all. I really don't think that I've ever danced so hard in my life. My calf muscles were sore all weekend because Shay and I were jumping around so much!

At one point there was some Chinese foreign exchange student walking around with a bottle of some hellish Chinese liquor trying to get everyone to take shots. I was a little worried at first but Brett and I eventually ended up giving into temptation. I don't even think that anyone there knew the kid's name, but he had a hell of a time. Did you know that in China kids start drinking booze at the age of ten? Weird.

Chaz beat me out for the award of best costume, but he totally deserved it! Shay did such a great job on his costume, and she even rolled his hair in sponge rollers to make it stand out crazy like the movie character. It was awesome!! I guess I can live with second place, considering the fact that I beat Jesus.

I ended up taking about three hundred pictures that night, but I picked a handful of my favorites to share:






I don't know how we are going to top the Dead Man's Party next year, but I can guarantee you we are going to try!

4 comments:

  1. HOLY cow your costumes are all SOOO amazing!! How fun are you guys!! Looks like you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right B-Och! Scotherns and Schlange know how to party!!! Can't wait for nest year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked my brother what the chinese kids name was...he has hung out with him since spring, and he said "Zo...or Zohan...or something maybe". LOL. OMG!!!Do you think he knows he is famous????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your costumes turned out amazing! Good job Kaylyn!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....