November 10, 2009

Creepy

Last week Brett and I rented the movie Orphan from our local redbox. I had really been anxious to see it for a while. We had seen the preview for it in the theater, and on T.V. a lot over the last few months, and it looked good. I am one to love a good scary movie, so naturally I was intrigued by how creepy the previews made this movie look.

A few days before Halloween I noticed that it was being advertised at the redbox, and stopped to grab a copy. After scrolling through the titles, and realizing that it wasn't in stock I informed Brett that we had to keep our eyes peeled! I was dying to see it.

About four days later Brett sent me a text saying that he had finally snagged it! Success.

Later that night we cuddled up on the couch to start watching it, and almost instantly you could tell it was going to be as scary as the previews made it look.

Without ruining anything for you, just in case you plan to see it, the main plot of the story is about a couple with two young children who recently had a pregnancy that resulted in a stillbirth. After a little while they decide that they are ready to have another child, but in fear of what happened to their last baby, they decide to adopt. They find a nine year old girl living in an orphanage, and decide to bring her home. Shortly after they get her home, funny things begin to happen. The mother knows that there is just something about Esther that isn't right, but no one believes her.

Let me just say this first, I am not normally bothered too badly by scary movies. Sometimes they make me jump or flinch a little, but after the movie is over I am fine. The spook doesn't normally linger. With this movie though, I was so disturbed that I didn't want to go to bed. It was that scary. Not in the traditional blood and gore kind of way, but more in the how could someone be that messed up? kind of way.

It was twisted. So twisted that I didn't see the ending coming. I was completely shocked by the way the story played out.

I can tell you one thing, I have no desire to ever adopt a child after seeing that movie.

2 comments:

  1. None Other Than Mr. AnonymousNovember 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM

    I saw it after my friend Kaylyn downloaded it off the internet, and I must say it was a creepy movie. I don't want to adopt a girl that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God that was so creepy when she took her teeth out and her ribbons off!

    Also, did you notice at the beginning there was a disclaimer they played saying "this should not deter your intentions to adopt a child"
    haha

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....