November 17, 2009

Wherein one of my fears is justified

As I stood there that morning looking into my closet, trying to determine what I should wear, I was sure that it was going to be just another ordinary day. I had no reason to think that it wouldn't be. For just over three years now my weekly routine has been the same, and Friday was always the day of the week that I looked forward to most. It was, after all, the gateway to the weekend.


Then on the drive to work I realized that it was yet another Friday the 13th. The third one this year. I have been pretty open about the fact that a lot of things scare the shit out of me, and Friday the 13th just happens to be one of them. Until last week, I never had a reason to associate Friday the 13th with anything negative.

Friday I was laid off.

My routine is totally different now, and it's weird. I liked my old routine. I liked my job, though I could have done without the shitty commute for three years, and I am really going to miss it. I enjoyed working with most of the people there, and the atmosphere of the office was always fun. It was a great job, and I can only hope that my next job is half as good.

3 comments:

  1. They have losted out on a great person. But the sun will come out.Things happen for a reason. Maybe it's time to start writing that New York Times Best Seller....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, i'm so sorry! WE've found getting laid off sometimes leads to great things you never would have imagined. Hope things go well for you. Dream big, and make it happen! :) And also be open to what comes your way. it might be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Elena said. She is sooooo right!!!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....