May 20, 2011

Magnificent

Brett and I have lived in Utah all of our lives and I honestly don't know how it is possible that we had not yet been to see the delicate arch before this trip to Moab.  It is one of Utah's most well known landmarks and people come from all over the world to see it, yet we have lived literally right around the corner from it for more than 26 years and have never taken the short venture to see it in person.

I think that it definitely proves that we, as human beings, take things for granted on a daily basis.  We think that just because something so magnificent is sitting in our backyard means that we have an excuse not to take the time to admire it.

The arch is honestly one of the most amazing sights that I have ever seen, and I cannot wait to go back.  It's a gorgeous hike, which doesn't take long at all and when you come around the corner and see the arch standing there in all of it's glory it literally takes your breath away.  I could not believe how massive it was and still, as the name suggests, so delicate.

{Brett, Kaylyn, Shay, Chaz, Mike and Kate}

{The delicate arch}

{Indian paintbrush}

I can honestly tell you that I have never been so totally amazed by anything.  Ever.  The pictures don't do it justice.

1 comment:

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....