May 5, 2011

Security Blanket

Just after I had left home this morning to head to work I realized that I didn't have my cell phone with me.

I hate that feeling.

I instantly flipped around to go back for it. When I opened the door, Brett was already standing there with it in his hand, waiting. He had noticed it was still sitting on the table and tried to catch me, but I had already gone too far. It was as if he had read my mind, and knew that I would be returning.

Isn't it funny to stop and think that there was once a time when no one carried a cell phone in their pocket, and if you had an emergency while you were on the freeway you had to wait for someone to stop and offer their assistance? I cannot imagine how life would be if that were still the case.

I use my phone for a plethora of things, but communicating with my loved ones conveniently is definitely my number one reason for having it. I have already sent multiple text messages to my husband and best friend today. If I hadn't turned around to go home for my phone, I would feel so lost.

1 comment:

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....