February 17, 2009

The Long Road Ahead

For some crazy reason I have the urge to run. Starting off slowly and only going short distances {since I have no lung capacity}, and gradually working my way up to longer distances and quicker paces. I am not sure why I have made this decision, but I have. On March 1st I am officially going to start training for a marathon. Yup, you heard me right. I said Marathon! {as in 26.2 miles of hell}

It is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now, but I never really thought I could actually accomplish it, you know? I mean how does someone who NEVER RUNS {and when I do it's not long at all} work their way up to running 26.2 miles? I don't really have an answer to that question, but I might as well try, right? You see, I put this on my 'things to do before I die' list, and just kind of forgot about it. I figured that I would get around to it eventually, I just wasn't sure when. After I lost my mom so suddenly I realized that you never know what is waiting for you around the corner, and tomorrow may never happen. I'm not saying that I think I'm going to die tomorrow, I'm just saying that I think I need to start living my life to the fullest. Just in case. I am sick of being such a lazy bum all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in on weekends and doing nothing but watch movies and playing games with Brett all day. But I think it's time that we change things up a bit. Maybe I'm crazy........I'll let you know in 59 weeks. {that's how long my training program will take}

If you want to see where I have been getting some of my inspiration from, go HERE {that's a link people} to read Taylee's {that's another} truly amazing story of how she ran 2 marathon's in 2 weeks! Wow!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey girly,
    Any chance you wanna come with my gym with me for a day! We can have some girl time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up during the night again and I read your blog. Way to go Kaylyn. I'm just trying to figure out how to get around the block again. I've been so lazy lately. This weather has gotten the best of me. It's easier to stay shut up in my nice warm house. You can do it for sure. While running you can just be thinking about the book you want to write. How are you both doing anyway. We don't hear from anyone any more so we don't know what is happening. It's great to at least read your blog. How did the dinner go? See Ya, Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew Brett was out of his mind but I never imagined you would go off the deep end as well. A marathon, you serious Kaylyn, man what is in the water down there in richy rich Highland. Well good luck and best wishes on your run. Hey I was thinking, how about you and Brett run up to our house on Saturday, sleep over and then run back home on Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your so cute. No prob, you can use me whenever! Good luck with it all. Perhaps as you get started and your only in your short distance runs I can come and run with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Good for you. That is a serious commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Kaylyn! Thanks so much for the nice comment you left me. It was really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....