February 13, 2009

Paraskavedekatriaphobia

I hate Friday the 13th, I always have and probably always will. Ever since I was young I have been afraid of Friday the 13th, and I can't tell you why. Nothing bad has ever happened to me on that day, so it makes no sense to me. I think it is just a fear that something bad will happen to me {or someone I love} on that day, I guess you could say I am superstitious......Well today happens to be that day {didn't you know?}.

I have fears of a lot of things. I'm a total wuss, and I openly admit that. Here is a list of the phobias that I have:
  • Acrophobia -the fear of heights
  • Arachnophobia - the fear of spiders
  • Necrophobia - the fear of death
  • Nyctophobia - the fear of the dark
  • Odontophobia - the fear of going to the dentist
  • Paraskavedekatriaphobia - the fear of friday the 13th
  • Tomophobia - the fear of surgery
  • Trypanophobia - the fear of needles/injections

Here is a list of the phobias that I have {mostly} overcome:

  • Aviophobia - the fear of flying
  • Glossophobia - the fear of public speaking
  • Hoplophobia - the fear of guns

I know, I know, my list of phobias is a mile long. Gimme a break! At least I am brave enough to admit what scares me, right?

Now it's your turn....What are you afraid of?

6 comments:

  1. I am afraid of Kaylyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Glad you found it as funny as I did!! The old times were so fun!! We went through some crazy times!! What a BLAST!!! I miss you too.. We were like long lost sisters!!!

    Chels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the fear of spiders... Yuck they gross me out and scare me to death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders freak me out too.

    But I think my biggest fear these days is of whackjob religious zealots (be they islamic, christian or other : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, hopefully you feel better now that it is February 17th.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....