August 18, 2009

Goin' to a party where no one's still alive...

I know that today is only the 18th of August, but I can't tell you how excited I am getting for Halloween. I know, I know! It's still over two months away, but to me two months doesn't really seem that long. I mean, we are really only talking about 73 more days.

Whatever, maybe I am jumping the gun a little bit. The problem I am having is that I have got to come up with an idea for our costumes, and it has to be fantastic. Last year we didn't come up with a great costume idea until the last minute, I'm talking two weeks before Halloween. Then once we had decided what we wanted to be, I really had to crank it and get our costumes made. It was pretty tedious. I had never made Halloween costumes before, and I definitely bit off more than I could chew. It all ended up working out in the end, and the costumes turned out great. I'm just sayin' it would be nice to get a little head start this year, if at all possible.

Right after the party we went to last year I started brainstorming on how to make the party for this year better. One of the first things I decided was that it definitely needed to have a theme. I called Shay to tell her my idea, and she thought it was great. This is part of why I love her so much. She is just like me, and loves to plan great parties. We decided that the theme should be 'dead man's party' based on the 1985 Oingo Boingo hit. It's always been one of my faves!

What this means for our costumes is that we have to come dressed up as someone or something that is dead. We would prefer to have two costume ideas that go together, but if we find separate costumes that would be better, we'll do that too.

We already have a few great ideas, but I'd love to hear what your suggestions are! Who do you think we should dress up as for Halloween this year?

5 comments:

  1. Michael Jackson. He looked dead even when he was alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've actually thought about that one. Right after he died Brett said "I could be Michael Jackson!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank Sinatra and one of his dancing partners. I don't know why the popped into my mind. Brett would make a handsome Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun idea! Not sure if you saw Sweeney Todd or not, we did that last year and it turned out pretty good. Not sure if that counts, but if he was a real person, he's dead now. I was Mrs. Lovitt along with Josh being Sweeney Todd.

    My hubby loves halloween, so I'm slowly trying to get more into it. Have a blast with the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - i got your comment about pictures of our Sweeney Todd from last year, I tried to email, but it didn't work. We have posted pictures though
    http://madsenworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/halloween-fun.html

    Let me know if those help generate some ideas. Josh got the barber's blade at Sally's, and painted it with nail polish or model paint I think so it looked like blood was dripping from it. Gross, but cool. And my finishing touches, were Flour all over! :) Have fun, whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....