August 4, 2009

Jackson {part 4}

During the times when we weren't on the river we had a lot of fun at camp. Playing games, making smore's, pulling funny faces, talking, cooking, laughing, telling jokes, and just hanging out. Chaz's family are some of the most funny people we know. The whole week really was just awesome. When we first got there everyone kept telling us how much it usually rains, but we didn't see any for the first five days. It was absolutely beautiful. They kept cracking jokes about how the rain follows Toni {chaz's mom} everywhere she goes, and maybe it wasn't raining because she wasn't there yet. Sure enough, Friday morning as soon as Toni shows up. Rain. It was pretty funny.




Two different nights Chaz cooked in the Dutch Ovens for everyone. I must say, I have never had better ribs or chicken. Ever. It was so delicious!
One of my favorite parts about the trip was when we burned the copper pipe. Have you ever done this before? If not I would strongly recommend it the next time you go camping. I had never heard of this before, and so when they were telling me about it I was a little sceptical, but it works. You take a foot long section of copper pipe with a bunch of small holes drilled all over it, and put a piece of rubber hose in the middle. Then you stick it in the middle of your camp fire, and voila! Your campfire becomes colorful. Ours was green, blue, purple, and pink. It was so fun to watch.

We want to say a special thank you to the Schlange family for letting us tag along on this awesome camping trip! We have never had so much fun in our lives, and we really do appreciate everything you did for us. Hopefully they will invite us back next year!

4 comments:

  1. Don't get too excited but guess what we are having for dinner friday night when you two come up..................................................................................Chaz's dutch oven chicken!!!! Can I get a what what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope one of you some biches is cooking it, cuz I sure as hell ain't gonna slave for all you crazy people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like you ENJOY life.. How Fun!! I've always wanted to raft the snake river.. I'm kinda a wimp!!! Looks like it was a blast!!

    Chel!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....