August 20, 2009

Movie quotes - take two!

Do you remember that game we played a few months ago? You know, the one with the movie quotes. I think we should play again! I've come up with 20 more movies that I love, and listed a quote from each one below. If you don't remember the rules, or didn't get to play last time, here's a refresher:

I have picked 20 movies that I love, and listed a quote from each movie below. Read through the quotes, and try to guess which movie's they are from. Leave a comment with your guess and include: the quote number, movie title, and your name. When someone guesses correctly I will strikeout the quote, put the name of the person who made the correct guess, and the name of the movie next to it. Sounds fun, right? Here's the tricky part: You aren't allowed to use any search engines, IMDB, wikipedia, etc. You just have to know them. You wouldn't cheat would you? Good!

Let's get started, shall we?

1- "She doesn't like it in the barn. The horses keep her up at night." The Ring

2- "THEY DO NOT! At the feed store do I say, "Oh, now Wally, give me a bag of that F-in' pig feed, and a pound of that bitchly cow corn"? At the bank do I say, "Oh, Mrs. Malenger, here is one big bastard of a check, now give me some of your Christ-ing money!" THERE, LOOK THERE, NOW SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!" Misery {Anonymous}

3- "I had a mother lined up for him, but she's bangin' the Pepperidge Farm guy and the kid won't stop peeing and throwing up, he's like a cocker spaniel." Big Daddy

4- "You're missing the grand design here! If I don't go, I'm dead! Yeah. And it's a little hard to carry on a relationship when I'm stuffed with straw and formaldehyde." The Mexican {Anonymous}

5- "Sometimes, the only way to catch an uncatchable woman is to offer her a wedding ring." Big Fish {Shaymus}

6- "This is my ninth sick day this semester. It's pretty tough coming up with new illnesses. If I go for ten, I'm probably going to have to barf up a lung, so I better make this one count." Ferris Bueller's Day Off {Brooke}

7- "Don't look at me. I'll stay here and suck on my thumb, while you guys go play Pirates of the Caribbean." Into the Blue

8- "You know, I was just thinking why would I ever leave before New Year's Eve? That makes no sense at all. I mean, you didn't exactly ask me out... but you did say you loved me... so I'm thinking I've got a date. If you'll have me." The Holiday {Brooke}

9- "All right... That's confiscated. All of it. And I want you on the next transport off this rock or I'm gonna shoot you where it don't grow back." Men In Black {Jessica}

10- "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." The Matrix {Shaymus}

11- "I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart. I didn't even see it coming." Dumb and Dumber {Jessica}

12- "Oh man. Well, we all gotta die right? I'm the guy who gets to do it saving the world." Armageddon {Jessica}

13- "Your temper is the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it." Anger Management {Shaymus}

14- "My problem is that it's 2 A.M. My problem is I'm asleep. I'm on a tour bus with eight stinkin' men. Rule number one: Don't propose to a girl on a bus, you got that? Rule number two: Don't tell her it's because you had a bad dream." Walk the Line {Brooke}

15- "Well, let's think about this...we go to the movies, that's 15 bucks. We get popcorn, that's 53. And she'll want raisonettes, alright? So, we're looking at 75 bucks." 10 Things I Hate About You {Brooke}

16- "I saw the way your friend Mauricio looked at me; I thought he was going to shoot me with a tranquilizer gun and tag my ear." Shallow Hal {Shaymus}

17- "That's my friend, Irishman. And the answer to your question is "yes". You fight for me, you get to kill the English." Braveheart

18- "First thing it's two minutes, then four, then six, then the next thing you know, we're the U.S. mail." Cast Away

19- "Brenda, I don't want to lie to you anymore. All right? I'm not a doctor. I never went to medical school. I'm not a lawyer, or a Harvard graduate, or a Lutheran. Brenda, I ran away from home a year and a half ago when I was 16." Catch Me If You Can {Brooke}

20- "Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back." The Goonies {Brooke}

14 comments:

  1. How about this one:

    I Wish I Knew How To Quit You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think Hard. It's one of your and Bretts favorites. B.B.M. are the initials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Chaz, Brett hasn't seen that particular movie. He refuses to watch it. I know that must be upsetting to you, since it's your favorite movie EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    8. The Holiday
    14. Walk the Line
    15. 10 Things I Hate About You
    19. Catch Me If You Can
    20. The Goonies

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's weird because last time we were hanging out at my house he was telling me we should rent it and watch it together. He said he has the initials hidden in his tattoo on his arm because he likes it that much. That is also why he wears those jammer pants because it reminds him of his wranglers he wears to the clubs

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8-the holiday
    9-men in black.. maybe the 2nd one
    11-dumb and dumber
    12-armegedon
    14-walk the line
    15-10 things i hate about you
    19-catch me if you can

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex. Im going to go with Matrix for question #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo! Big fish for number #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. #16 Shallow Hal...bitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #13 Im gonna go with anger management.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Mexican...can yooou guess what nummber smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. #2 Could It be Misery???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! Number 10 is the matrix, right???

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....