August 4, 2009

Jackson {part 3}

River rafting wasn't our only adventure in Jackson!

We learned how to kayak! I can honestly tell you that kayaking isn't something that I never thought I would want to try. Then once we got there and Steve took Brett out for his first time I thought, why not? I have to tell you, kayaking is really fun! We didn't take the kayak's down the big part of the river, but Brett wishes that he could've! Instead we went to the upper part of the river that was a little slower. There were a few small rapids, but nothing out of control. It's really not as hard or as scary as it looks. It's actually quite easy! Trust me, I am very athletically challenged in most aspects, and I didn't even tip over. We both loved it, and now we also have to buy kayaks. Damn, this is going to get expensive. Thanks a lot Chaz!



The fun didn't stop with the kayaks either though, Brett, Chaz and Steve-O did some cliff jumping. I didn't feel the need to participate in this particular activity. I don't feel the need to throw myself off of a cliff into swift moving water. So instead, I took up the post as photographer of said crazy act. One of the cliffs they jumped off of was right above one of the biggest rapids on the river, and you jump right into the belly of the beast. Then after you jumped in you get carried under the water for a ways, and resurface about twenty feet down the river. Not my idea of fun, but They had a BLAST!



If you haven't had enough yet, part 4 will be coming soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Just so everyone knows Grandma Barta thought it was a bad idea to let Brett kayak the big part of the river....she felt he was accident prone. HMMMM, Brett accident prone! NEVER!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....