May 29, 2009

Just in case you were wondering

Brett and I had our six month checkups at the dentist last night. After what happened last time, you can imagine how terrified I was. The appointment started with a cleaning, as usual, and me watching Twilight on the TV above my chair to take my mind off of things. This is something that I love about our dentist's office. They have a long list of movies to choose from, and there is a TV mounted on the ceiling above each chair. It's brilliant! After the dental assistant was done with my cleaning the dentist came in, I was so nervous that I couldn't focus on the movie. While he was poking at my teeth with the small metal hook in his hand I just kept waiting for him to call out numbers, like he did last time, to let the assistant know which of my teeth had cavities. To my surprise, and relief, he didn't say a word the whole time. Then when he was finished, and finally spoke, his words were like music to my ears. "You are cavity free."

After a few seconds of imagining myself jumping up and dancing around the room, I yelled into the next room where Brett was having his teeth cleaned:

"Did you hear that, Brett?" I asked

"No cavities?" he responded

"NO CAVITIES!!" I said back with pure happiness in my voice

Then it was Brett's turn to see the dentist. He started poking, and was again silent as he worked. When he finished examining Brett's teeth, he said with a smile "You are a cavity free family."

It made me want to drive straight to Coldstone {I didn't, but I wanted to.} and order a Gotta have it sized cake batter ice cream with extra cookie dough! Can't find more sugar anywhere.

6 comments:

  1. I wanna go to your dentist...his office sounds perfect for a scaredy cat like myself.

    I found your blog just by jumping around. New to this whole game and looking for interesting people and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to go to the dentist. You DONT want to know how long it has been since Ive gone. I dont think I will have the same outcome as you to say the least. Im so glad you followed your checkup with a sugary treat. and that is definitely my fav mix at cold stone! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cavities! I only have one and that's enough for me.
    BTW...I heart the cake batter ice cream from Cold Stone. It's my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't actually go to coldstone, I was just saying that was the first thought that came to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome!!! I was just checking out Julie Parkers blog (LOVE HER PHOTOGRAPHY)! And was getting ready to leave a comment on her waterski post when I saw your name above a comment, I am SO sorry about your mom. It sounds like you are doing ok, I love the pursuit of happiness posts, sometimes that is all that gets us through. I do agree, Julie is an amazing photographer, she is who inspired me to take up the hobby! Thanks for all your nice comments about my work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the cavity clearance! You like cake batter ice cream?? It's my FAVE!! Blue Bell has some only in the summertime. I am now stalking the ice cream aisle at Kroger waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....