May 10, 2009

The pursuit of happiness - day 4


I really thought that I would have a hard time finding something to be happy about today. This is, after all, my first mothers day without my mom. I am fighting with my emotions today, however, today was the day that we got to celebrate our anniversary tradition. Kite Flying. One month before our first anniversary Brett was in an accident. {Maybe I should post about that for those of you who haven't heard the story} Needless to say, by the time our anniversary came around there was no money for anything fancy. Brett's mobility was limited, and he wanted to do something fantastic. He conspired with his parents to surprise me with an afternoon of flying kites. It was so much fun! We decided that day that we would continue flying kites every year on our anniversary as a tradition. We don't always get around to it on the actual day of our anniversary, so sometimes we save it for the following weekend. It is something that I always look forward to!
What are you happy about today?

1 comment:

  1. I love you and was thinking about you all day yesterday. I hope you did okay!! You're so strong.

    Love the kites babe!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....