May 8, 2009

The pursuit of happiness - day 2

About 4 years ago I was given a pair of sandals that no longer fit my niece. Yes, it is true, I get hand me downs from children. She was 12 at the time and I was 20, so what. I have small feet, get over it. Anyway! They were my favorite shoes in the whole world, and I wore them everywhere. They were SO comfortable. At the beginning of 2007 we decided to sell our house, and right before we closed we took a 10 day road trip to California. Somewhere during the road trip or moving all of our stuff, I'm not sure which, I lost one of them. It was a very sad day for me, but I figured I would find it somewhere while we were unpacking. I never did. I never threw away the other one though, because I have kept the hope alive that I would someday find it. I have finally come to the realization that this is never going to happen.

I know, I bet you are wondering what this has to do with being happy, right? Well, last night I discovered that REI still carries them, and has them in stock!! I called the store to verify what the website said, and it was true. They are holding them for me, and Brett is going to pick them up while I am at work today! I am so HAPPY that I will have another pair. Who knew someone could be this excited about a pair of shoes? Aren't they lovely?

10 comments:

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....