September 10, 2009

Thoughtful gifts {new segment}

I am a fan of thoughtful gifts. I like it when people take their time to try and think of something that the recipient of the gift is going to absolutely love as opposed to just buying them any old thing. I try really hard when I am thinking of what I am going to buy or make for a particular person for their birthday, or any other holiday for that matter. I don’t always succeed, and those failures drive me insane until the next year when I will have another shot at it.

There are a few people in my life who are thoughtful gift givers, and they try to think of something that I would never think to buy for myself. I have received some really awesome thoughtful gifts in my life, and thinking of this gave me an idea for a new blog segment. What is the most thoughtful gift you have ever received? This is going to be a temporary segment here at PFOB, and I am recruiting some of my favorite bloggers to help me out with this. The first few posts in the segment will be highlights of thoughtful gifts that I have received myself, and then I will post the thoughtful gifts of other bloggers that have decided to play along!

One of the thoughtful gift givers in my life happens to be my husband. He is always thinking of ways to outdo himself, even if he doesn’t have a whole lot of money to work with. With him in school, and not working until recently, he was really stressed out last Christmas about what he could do for my gift. He kept on telling me that he wasn’t going to be able to get me anything great, and I could tell it was bothering him. I assured him that I didn’t have the money to buy him anything nice either, and he shouldn’t worry about it. Christmas is not about gifts anyway, it’s about spending time with the people who mean the most to you. Right?

On Christmas morning Brett surprised me with something that I never would’ve expected. It was by far the most thoughtful, and awesome gift he had ever given me. It was beautiful! Just looking at it, I couldn't believe that he had made it specially for me. My very own handmade, custom designed long board! I absolutely love love love it! Isn't it great? This is just one of the reasons that he is my favorite!

If you want to play along and submit your favorite thoughtful gift to be posted, send us an email!scothernsblog@aol.com

3 comments:

  1. That is seriously the coolest kind of present to get. He was so excited to give it to you! I know I am a crappy friend...I'm working on thinking of a present fot you to write about! I think Brett also out did himself when he made Chaz the "Dick in a box" present! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know that I am suppose to be doing this, and I have been thinking about it all week. I am having the hardest time coming up with a thoughtful gift!? Can it be a gift I gave myself?? haha...no seriously? I buy myself thoughtful gifts more often than anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE to give gifts to people. Just little small things that when I see the item I think of them and I HAVE to get it for them. Ask Shay she often gets some funny items from me. Just cause she is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete

Come on! Tell us what's on your mind. You know you want to....